Wednesday, August 3, 2022

My Ceramic History

After a long hiatus, I have returned to updating my blog. Not with any new ceramic works but with some history of how I got started in ceramics. 

During my absence, I was able to finally publish my first book!

"Touched" is the first in my memoir series. In it I share my ceramic journey of how, who, and what sparked an internal desire to create from a wet, lumpy, ball of dirt to a unique piece of art and function.

You can check it out at Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Touched-V-P-Andersen/dp/1981147837

 


 

~~~ Book Excerpt from "Touched", Chapter 24 "The Art Council"

 
"When one opportunity leaves, another one arrives. On the same day I received the bad news from Rachael, I went to Coco’s Restaurant on Reseda Boulevard for lunch. As I was heading back to my truck, I saw a new gift store that displayed a large GRAND OPENING banner. I went to check it out.
Inside were rows of ceramic beads in all shapes and sizes. Beaded jewelry hung on the walls.
When I made my way toward the back of the store, a short dark-haired Peruvian woman behind the counter approached me.
“Your necklace, it is very interesting,” she said with a thick accent. “Where you get it?”
“I made it from clay.”
“You have earrings to match?”
“Not at the moment. But I do have more beads. I can make some. Why?”
“I like very much. I put here in store. You match earrings, put together, I sell.”
“I can do that. How many sets do you want?”
“Three. I do ninety-day. I call you when it sells. You decide if you want bring more stuff.”
“Great. I do have more things. I have a new line of candle-stick and incense holders, too.”
“Good. Bring what you have. I look at all of it.” 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment